Samuel Marcus Kontny was born in 1985 in Oregon. He earned his BFA from Massachusetts College of Art & Design in 2015, where he received the Robert Billings award in 2012. He has shown his work in solo and group exhibitions in the Boston area, notably at CLEAR Design Lab in Boston's South End in 2015 and at the Barry's Shop group pop art show in 2016 commissioned by Isenberg Projects.
Working predominantly in printmaking and painting, Kontny also includes sculptural elements to his two-dimensional work. His work concerns relationships of humans with technology and media - and the effect these have on human characteristics.
Kontny also specializes in restaurant menu design, menu illustration, and chalkboard design. He can be reached via email or social media for any inquiries.
Samuel can also be found tending bar at Tiger Mama's Tiki Bar in Boston, MA, five nights a week.
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, Massachusetts College of Art & Design, Boston
•CLEAR Design Lab, Boston, Double Entendres
• Tres Gatos Gallery, Boston, Good Time, Fun Time
• Tavern Road, Boston, Artist Studio Sundays
SELECTED GROUP SHOWS:
• Student Life Gallery at Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, VIRTUAL(LY)
• Second Place, Iron Printmakers Competition, Muskat Studios, Somerville MA
• Robert Billings Award, Massachusetts College of Art, Boston
• Mom 'N Pop-Up wall mural, commissioned by The Fenway and Isenberg Projects
• Public Collection, Boston Public Library